Digital Campaigns Associate
Forward Justice seeks an experienced, innovative, and dynamic Digital Campaigns Associate to serve both the communications and organizing teams. This individual will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing digital campaigns for all of Forward Justice’s program areas and grassroots organizing campaigns, in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Associate.
This position will require the candidate to immerse themselves in the work we do with our movement partners to be able to fully understand and disseminate our partner’s narratives; and to work hand in hand with our Organizing team to lead grassroots campaigns focused on power building and addressing democracy, criminal justice, and economic issues. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a background in digital media, social media, and digital organizing to help Forward Justice maintain and enhance its online presence and use of interactive digital campaigns for grassroots organizing. The ideal candidate should be willing to adapt an organizers’ mentality and a passion for movement-building.
In addition to supporting strategy and leading execution of all digital campaigns at Forward Justice, the Digital Campaigns Associate will provide operational support to the communications team and manager. Performing a variety of tasks to support Forward Justice having a dynamic and engaging online presence, assisting in the creation of promotional materials or solicitations/informational materials, managing online events, and sharing content across all Forward Justice social media platforms. The Digital Campaigns Associate will collaborate with appropriate staff members on a variety of strategic initiatives and programs.
This position will report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with the Digital Communications Associate and Forward Justice team members to execute each campaign. The Digital Campaigns Associate will work alongside a stellar staff and directly with our partner organizations, to ensure that the digital campaign strategies and plans shift the public dialogue to one that values collective solutions.
Digital & Strategic Communications:
- Assist with the development and coordinate the execution of integrated digital campaigns across multiple media platforms to engage and grow Forward Justice’s community.
- Help develop an ongoing digital campaigns strategy and calendar, by coordinating with Forward Justice staff and movement partners to advance advocacy efforts and create engaging and integrated content.
- Monitor news cycle and public discourse related to campaign work and goals. This will include ensuring digital campaigns reflect the rapid response work being done in the broader organization.
- Execute the distribution, and maintenance of all digital and electronic campaign collateral including, but not limited to, ongoing email newsletters and social media.
- Create a vibrant and dynamic online campaign presence, particularly ensuring consistent engagement with social media campaigns.
- Provide programmatic support to partners by:
- Identifying strategic opportunities for partners to engage with Forward Justice Digital campaigns
- Ensure that Forward Justice leverages our digital campaigns to provide strategic programmatic support to partners
- Provide list building maintenance and support for the organizing and communications teams with email lists, media lists, petitions, and databases such as VAN, Hustle and Action Network
- Update Forward Justice’s social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with appropriate and timely mission focused messaging for all digital campaigns.
- Ensure work moves forward, measurable goals are met through clear and consistent evaluation and measurement of impact.
Organizing and Base building:
- Work to build a base of directly impacted constituents through online campaigns and engage them for offline mobilization and movement building
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant social and digital media influencers that support causes in alignment with Forward Justice’s body of work
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Good personal organization, time management, and planning skills.
- Dedicated team player with abilities to work with staff, board, and partner organizations.
- Effective listener who seeks and accepts feedback. Looks for opportunities to learn and grow in their work.
- A demonstrated commitment to the shared values of Forward Justice and its partner organizations, including experience working for social justice.
- Proven ability to work with a large and diverse cross-section of populations and a commitment to anti-racism and leadership centered on directly impacted communities. Respect for differences -- race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender.
- An understanding of trends in public discourse and policy making.
- Cumulative 3-5 years experience in two or more of the following: policy, advocacy, electoral or organizing campaigns, journalism, public relations or advocacy communications, social media management, digital organizing, project/program management.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications abilities.
- Experience with digital communications and social media management tools like Hootsuite, Hashtracking, Mailchimp, Zoom, PowerBase and Action Network
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker who considers mission and vision of organization in all their planning and actions.
- A passion for learning and helping others.
- Position is based in Durham, NC and some statewide and national travel may be required.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation is competitive and negotiable depending on background including an excellent benefits package.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Digital Campaigns Associate” and your name.
Forward Justice is immediately seeking to fill this position but looking for the best candidate to support a growing organization. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, directly-impacted, queer, trans folks, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Development & Giving Associate
Forward Justice seeks a full-time Development & Giving Associate to play a leadership role in developing fundraising strategies and ensuring effective management of our grants processes. The Development & Giving Associate is responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s grant, grant-contract, and reporting calendar and documentation. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated leader to join our team who believes deeply in excellence and the racial justice mission of Forward Justice. The Development & Giving Associate reports to the Deputy Director.
Responsibilities: Development & Giving Associate is responsible for executing fundraising strategies and the grants administration of Forward Justice. Specific responsibilities include:
- Create and lead fundraising strategies and activities for individual giving, online donations, corporations, foundations, and special events
- Lead in the creation and implementing of the annual development calendar including tracking proposal, renewal and reporting timelines and other key dates for incoming and outgoing grants
- Follow up with strategic prospect and donor outreach, cultivation and stewardship activities
- Lead in the development and implementation of fundraising and cultivation events, including tracking of donations
- Research foundation prospects and participate in drafting grant proposals in collaboration with leadership team
- Work with Finance team to assure appropriate tracking and accounting of gifts
- Maintain incoming and outgoing grants management systems
- Responsible for data input, list maintenance and timely donor acknowledgments
- Maintain and manage records for various grant making platforms (i.e. Fondant, Fluxx, grantseeker)
- Maintain grant contracts and awards database, ensuring adherence to reporting deadlines and schedules
- Create internal systems or processes to ensure timely, effective grants communications with leadership team or staff
- Maintain related donor records, correspondence and contracts consistent with best practice.
- Lead in writing portions of interim and annual reports and proposals as needed
- Support development initiatives and development team however needed.
Qualified applications should have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of grant or related fundraising and/or nonprofit experience.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration.
- Fluency with data, spreadsheets, online systems and information management.
- Flexible and a self-starter, detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Hours and Location: This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. The Development & Giving Associate will be housed out of the Forward Justice office in Durham, NC regularly (remote during Covid-19).
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience. Forward Justice is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from those who will enhance our staff diversity. Women, people of color, directly-impacted, queer, trans folks, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications welcome immediately; position open until filled. Applications must include: 1) a cover letter that addresses your goals and your interest in this position and 2) a resume with three professional references. Submit electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Development & Giving Associate” and your name.
Sign up to receive email updates about our movement work, campaigns, volunteer opportunities, and events