Development & Giving Associate
Position Overview: Forward Justice seeks a full-time Grants & Giving Associate to play a supportive leadership role in developing fundraising strategies and ensuring effective management of our grants processes. The Grants & Giving Associate is responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s grant, grant-contract, and reporting calendar and documentation. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated leader to join our team who believes deeply in excellence and the racial justice mission of Forward Justice. The Grants & Giving Associate reports to the Deputy Director.
Responsibilities: The Grants & Giving Associate is responsible for effective grants management and executing fundraising strategies for Forward Justice. Specific responsibilities include:
- Research foundation prospects and participate in drafting grant proposals in collaboration with leadership team
- Lead in the creation and implementing of the annual Grants calendar including tracking proposal, renewal and reporting timelines and other key dates for incoming and outgoing grants
- Maintain incoming and outgoing grants management systems
- Maintain and manage records for various grant making platforms (i.e. Fondant, Fluxx, grantseeker)
- Maintain grant contracts and awards database, ensuring adherence to reporting deadlines and schedules
- Create internal systems or processes to ensure timely, effective grants communications with leadership team or staff
- Support Grants initiatives and Grants team however needed.
- Create and lead fundraising strategies and activities for individual giving, online donations, corporations, foundations, and special events
- Responsible for data input, list maintenance and timely donor acknowledgments
- Work with Finance team to assure appropriate tracking and accounting of gifts
- Follow up with strategic prospect and donor outreach, cultivation and stewardship activities
- Lead in the Grants and implementation of fundraising and cultivation events, including tracking of donations through Donorbox
- Maintain related donor records, correspondence and contracts consistent with best practice.
- Lead in writing interim and annual reports and proposals as needed
Qualified applications should have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of grant or related fundraising experience.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration.
- Fluency with data, spreadsheets, online systems and information management.
- Flexible and a self-starter, detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Hours and Location:
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. The Grants & Giving Associate will be housed out of the Forward Justice office in Durham, NC regularly (remote during Covid-19).
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience. Forward Justice is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from those who will enhance our staff diversity. Women, people of color, directly-impacted, queer, trans folks, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications welcome immediately; position open until filled. Applications must include: 1) a cover letter that addresses your goals and your interest in this position and 2) a resume with three professional references. Submit electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Development & Giving Associate” and your name.
Sign up to receive email updates about our movement work, campaigns, volunteer opportunities, and events